University of California, San Diego
B.S. Cognitive Science - Human Computer Interaction
Minor in Computer Science
Expected June 2014
Cognitive Ethnography, Contextual Inquiry, User Interviews, Persona and Scenario Development, Heuristic Evaluation, Competitive Analysis, Affinity Diragramming, Storyboarding, Sketching, Low/High Fidelity Prototyping
Proficient in Korean, Intermediate level of French
User Experience San Diego
Cognitive Science Student Assoc.
Crossroads Campus Ministry
Harbor North County Church
We Have We Need La Jolla, CA April 2013 - Present
- Guiding user-centered development of product and design.
- WHWN is a lightweight, collaborative inventory management infrastructure for agile teams on the disaster relief and global development front.
User Experience Design Intern
Microsoft Redmond, WA June 2013 - September 2013
- Spearheaded user-centered product development in a highly complex, technical space--vision planning of the diagnostics experience in Visual Studio.
- Conducted usability studies and mocked up rapid prototypes, facilitating a lean, highly iterative, agile development process.
- Won 2nd place in the Microsoft WP8 AppHack competition with Elect, a mobile app that informs you on ballot items before election day.
Undergraduate Researcher and Instructional Assistant
UC San Diego, La Jolla | January 2013 - Present
- Currently exploring healthcare technology at the Distributed Cognition - Human Computer Interaction Lab under Jim Hollan.
- Administering the course “Cognitive Aspects of Digital Design,” an HTML/CSS and UX course of over 65+ students.
Visiting Undergraduate Research Intern
in|situ lab INRIA, Paris | August - December 2012
- Inquired instrumental interaction under Wendy Mackay. Analyzed interaction techniques in desktop environments and brainstormed alternatives in the light of reification, polymorphism and reuse.
- Involved in prototyping and feedback for CHI Maps and CHI Madness, two new interactive features for the upcoming 2013 CHI Conference.
Social Print Studio, San Diego | February 2012 - Present
- Headed the UX design and development of the iOS app DBLCAM. Created custom interfaces for both mobile and web.
- Designed UX elements for an interactive art installation exhibited at Creators Project: San Francisco. A collaborative effort with Intel engineers to create a Kinect powered projected touchscreen.
- Developed interfaces for various projection installations for clients such as NBC Universal, Cartier/MOMA, Redbull and Durex.
Wunderman Y&R Group, New York | June - July 2011
- Led the team’s creative concepting and development of a social media campaign pitch for the brand Kodak, our summer intern project. Explored the intersection of analog and digital.
- Assisted creatives on concepts for clients such as Best Buy and Land Rover.